University Advancement Access and Confidentiality Statement FY24
Data Use Policy:
Please read carefully.
As a University of West Georgia employee and/or volunteer who will be provided information pertaining to constituent records housed within University Advancement's Raiser's Edge and/or the University of West Georgia Foundation's Financial Edge, I understand that access is a privilege, granted with the expectation that this institutional data will be used confidentially and professionally.
By signing this statement, I agree to abide by the rules listed below. I understand that failure to follow these rules will result in the revocation of my access privileges and other sanctions as appropriate.
To maintain access, this agreement will be renewed annually.
1. Data users shall follow policies and procedures of the University System of Georgia and the University of West Georgia when working with institutional data. Data users shall be responsible for ascertaining that the use of institutional data complies with system and university policies.
2. Institutional data shall be used only as required to conduct university business.
3. The privacy of our constituents is of utmost importance. Institutional data may not be disclosed to any external third party for any purpose. This information is also not to be shared with fellow employees unless you have confirmed that they too have signed a confidentiality agreement.
4. Each information user shall implement adequate physical security procedures to guard against unauthorized access to institutional data. Access codes, passwords, sign-on procedures, etc., shall not be divulged to any other party, and their secrecy shall be closely guarded.
5. Data users shall not impede, interfere with, impair, or otherwise cause harm to other users' legitimate use of information systems.
6. Data users shall not use institutional data in such a way that violates local, state, or federal laws, including copyright laws. Information users shall not use institutional data in such a way that violates the university's contractual obligations, including limitations defined in software or other licensing agreements.
7. Data users shall not use information systems to transmit communications that are fraudulent, defamatory, harassing, obscene, threatening, discriminatory, or prohibited by law.
8. Data users shall not move data from one system to another without prior approval.